Apple Crumble (Gluten Free)
- 6 apples chopped into 3cm pieces (I used 3 x Granny Smiths & 3 Royal Gala)
- 1 tablespoon Natvia
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons Natvia
- Thickened cream or Ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 220˚C.
- Place chopped apples, Natvia™ & water in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for approximately 8-10 minutes or until apples soften.
- Combine almond meal & rice flour in a medium bowl
- Using your fingertips, rub the chopped butter into the dry mixture until it resembles bread crumbs
- Sprinkle over Natvia™ and mix
- Once the apples are ready, drain any excess water and tip into a shallow pie dish.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until crumble is golden
- Serve with thickened cream or ice cream
You could also substitute 3 of the apples with 4 sticks of rhubarb for a delicious apple and rhubarb crumble.